Parish Pastoral Council
The St. Joseph Parish Pastoral Council is made up of a group of nine parishioners selected by the pastor as outlined in the Parish Pastoral Council Constitution By-laws. Working together with the pastor the council seeks to guide the mission of the parish. This is done through monthly meetings in which the members assess the needs of the parish community; suggesting and implementing new programs, ministries and activities that help the parish carry out its mission.
Current pastoral council members:
Kathleen Roche (chair)
Scott Walter (vice-chair)
Jennifer Monsalve (secretary)
Deacon Kevin Regan
Parish Finance Council
The Finance Council is composed of parishioners who are interested in the legal and financial areas of our parish life- including the condition of our buildings and grounds- especially as these areas support the mission and ministry of St. Joseph Church.
They regularly monitor parish income and expenditures, approve annual financial reports, discuss the ongoing maintenance issues as well as improvements to our parish plant, propose an annual budget, advise the pastor in the area of fiscal administration and provide any related material to the Archdiocese. The Finance Council meets throughout the year.
Current finance council members:
Melissa Schnipp (chair)
Frank Stripling (trustee)
Roselio Pozo (trustee)
Offertory Collection Counters
The Collection Counters assists in the timely and accurate counting of weekly (Monday morning) and special collections for the parish. Confidentiality and discretion are imperative to the safety and security of the collection counters, staff and the parish.
- Opens, sorts, and counts all weekly collection donations (cash and checks).
- Separates church envelopes from loose checks and cash; sorts and separate all offerings according to category.
- Count and record the cash and checks utilizing the tally sheet.
- Ensures the amounts noted on the face of the envelope agree with the contents and indicating the amount when the donor has not noted it.
- Sums up all sheets for a total mass collection and complete the bank deposit form.
- Advises the coordinator if unable to make scheduled counting shift.
- Maintains strict confidentiality concerning all finances, information and matters related to this ministry.