Frequently Asked Questions
HOW TO REPORT ABUSE
The Archdiocese takes very seriously any and all allegations of misconduct by members of the clergy, Religious and lay staff of the Archdiocese. We encourage anyone with knowledge of an act of misconduct to inform us immediately so that we may take appropriate action to protect others and provide support to victims of sexual abuse and other misconduct.
Individuals who wish to report an allegation of sexual misconduct may do so by calling Karen Clark, the Director of the Office of Child and Youth Protection at 973-497-4254. Victims in need of assistance should call the Archdiocesan Victim Assistance Coordinator at (201) 407-3256. They are also encouraged to call the Attorney General of NJ Clergy Abuse Hotline at 855-363-6548.
I HAVE A TURKEY I WANT TO DONATE. WHERE DO I BRING IT?
Due to supermarket bonus savings cards, many people find themselves in the position to donate an extra turkey, ham, or chicken around the holidays. It is a beautiful expression of charity to share what we have with those who are in need.
Unfortunately, the Rectory Office is unable to receive these donation. We ask that you contact Christina Haase, the coordinator of our Food Pantry at 201-390-0867. She will either be able to arrange with you a time to bring your donation or can point you in the direction of another organization that is able to receive your perishable food item.
FACILITY / COLLECTION REQUESTS
Use the following forms to request the use of parish facilities for parish events or to request the use of the church vestibule for a special collection or drive.
Once you submit your request (in person at the Rectory Office or via email firstname.lastname@example.org) it will be reviewed, the calendar will be checked, and you will be contacted once it is put in the calendar or if there are any questions or problems.
1) When you fill out the facilities request, please fill out two different times…the “Event Time”, and the “Set up Time”. This will make it simpler for me to understand when you need the space, and will prevent multiple back and forth emails. For example, if you are hosting a Christmas party for Eucharistic Ministers in the Gym, your event is from 6pm-9pm, but you need to set up from 3pm-6pm. Years prior you might have put down, 3pm-9pm, however that just confuses things, especially when the event will be listed in the bulletin.
2) YOU MUST MAKE YOUR REQUEST WITH EXACT USAGE TIMES-NO BLANKET RESERVATIONS. In the past, we have allowed you to block out a room-for example, once a week in the gym from 3pm-11pm, but it has happened that the room was not in use that full time, or not at all. We are blessed to have such an active parish, therefore due to overwhelming requests we have to ask for exact times every event date. This will impact sports teams the most, as their times are somewhat sporadic. Please contact the rectory office with any questions regarding this new change.
3) Just as a reminder… doors are never ever to be left open and unattended, even if you are “right there in the gym”. It only takes one moment for someone to slip into the building who does not belong. Please post a responsible adult at the door, and have late comers either ring a doorbell OR provide a contact cell phone number, so they can have someone let them in.
PRAYERS FOR THE SICK
If you, or someone in your family, would benefit from the prayers of the parishioners at Saint Joseph during times of sickness, please call the rectory at 201-342-6300 and speak to a staff member. Names will stay on the announced and / or the printed bulletin list for one month. If you still need prayers, please call the rectory for another month of prayers.
Necesitas una oración por su familia o amigos? Visitar la oficina de la rectoría o llame all (En Inglés) 201-342-6300. Los nombres se mantendrán en tanto la anunciada y la lista de anuncios para un (1) mes. Si usted todavía necesita oraciones, por favor llame a la rectoría o dejar una nota en la mesa. Esta es la regla también si usted llama para solicitar la visita de un sacerdote.
HOSPITAL VISITS / VISITAS EN HOSPITALES
We wanted to remind you that if you or a member of your family are in the hospital and would like a visit, please call the rectory. Because of privacy laws the hospital cannot contact the parish directly. We want to visit all who are sick and this is the only way we can find out who is hospitalized.
Queríamos recordarles que si usted o un miembro de su familia está en el hospital y me gustaría una visita por favor llame a la rectoría. Debido a las leyes de privacidad del hospital no puede ponerse en contacto con la parroquia directamente. Queremos visitar todos los que están enfermos y esta es la única manera que podemos saber que está hospitalizado
MASS CARDS AND MONTHLY MEMORIALS
If you are interested in honoring a family member or friend, in their memory or in thanksgiving, there are several options available.
- Announced Mass: $10
- Monthly Memorial of Altar Bread, Altar Wine, Sanctuary Lamp, or Missalette:
$50 for a full month, $25 for half month.
During the Coronavirus pandemic, you can now request a Mass card by email. Simply send an email to email@example.com
1. the name of the person you would like to remember
2. the name and address where you would like the Mass card to be sent
3. mail a check payable to St. Joseph Church to the rectory office (115 East Fort Lee Rd, Bogota, NJ 07603)
We’ll email you back with the next available Mass date unless you have a particular date you would like to request.
If you have moved or changed your phone number since registering with our parish, please let the rectory know so we can keep accurate records and get in touch with you when needed. Also, if you are not receiving envelopes and would like to, please call the rectory. Our number is 201-342-6300.
PARKING IN THE CHURCH PARKING LOT
The Saint Joseph Church parking lot is only to be used for those who are visiting the church and/or the school. There is NO overnight parking permitted in the Saint Joseph parking lot. Any cars parked on church property unlawfully may be towed, at the car owner’s expense.